Videos of the entire Banking on Colorado Conference are now available on the Banking on Colorado conference website.
The conference, sponsored by Be The Change USA, the Public Banking Institute, and the Denver Foundation, was held in Denver on January 31 and attracted 120 activists who heard national leaders in the Public Banking movement discuss the corrupt practices of the Too-Big-To-Fail banks and alternatives offered by public banks.
Conference speakers included:
- Nomi Prins – Senior Fellow at Demos, former Managing Director at Goldman Sachs; former Senior Managing Director at Bear Stearns. Nomi authored All the Presidents’ Bankers: The Hidden Alliances that Drive American Power and It Takes A Pillage: Epic Tale of Power, Deceit & Untold Trillions
- Ellen Hodgson Brown – Founder, President Emerita, and Senior Advisor, Public Banking Institute. Ellen authored Web of Debt and The Public Bank Solution
- Gwendolyn Hallsmith – Executive Director, Public Banking Institute. Gwen authored Creating Wealth: Growing Local Economies with Local Currencies and The Key to Sustainable Cities
- Mike Krauss – Chairman, Board of Directors, Pennsylvania Public Bank Project and
Founding Board Member, Public Banking Institute
- Karl Beitel – Director, Public Bank Project. Karl authored Local Protest, Global Movements: Capital, Community, and State in San Francisco