Brought to you by the Colorado BDS Campaign, a coalition of groups working in unity to end the Israeli occupation through boycott, divestment and sanctions.
When: Saturday, April 13th, 1-5 PM
Where: Auraria Campus, North Building, room 1608
Learn more about both the history of Palestine and the global BDS movement, hear what coalition groups are working on, and participate in BDS and coalition-building training.
Anna Baltzer, an award-winning lecturer, author, and National Organizer for the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation, will be one of our guest speakers.
Sponsored by the Colorado BDS Campaign
Endorsed by Denver BDS, Frontrange Jewish Voice for Peace, Friends of Sabeel-Colorado, Rocky Mountain Peace & Justice Center, International Socialist Organization, DU Students for Justice in Palestine, Colorado Campaign to Stop 30 Billion to Israel, Strait Gate Ministries, and Occupy Denver
Colorado BDS Campaign Mission Statement
Since its creation in 1948, Israel has subjected the indigenous population of Palestine to an array of oppressive and punitive policies designed to appropriate Palestinian land, ethnically cleanse Palestinians from the occupied territories, and crush Palestinians’ bodies and spirits. These policies include:
- Denial of the right of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes
- Theft of Palestinian land and destruction of Palestinian property, including homes and farmland
- Recurrent and brutal military attacks on a defenseless civilian population
- The fragmentation and destruction of Palestinian culture and communities
- Restrictions on the importation of food, medicine, and other vital supplies into Palestine
- The incarceration of thousands of Palestinians political prisoners, including hundreds held without being charged or tried
Israel’s occupation of Palestine has been supported every step of the way by the United States government. Since 1976, Israel has been the United States’ largest annual recipient of economic and military aid, which amounted to more than $3 billion in 2012. American corporations are also directly implicated in Israel’s crimes as a result of the millions of dollars they make in profits each year through occupation-related activities. As American citizens and residents, we are both uniquely positioned and morally obligated to apply pressure to those who support, enable and profit from the Israeli occupation of Palestine until Israel is forced to comply with international law.
The Colorado BDS Campaign supports the end of the Israeli occupation and the Palestinian people’s right to self-determination and to live full, rewarding lives free from brutality and oppression. To achieve these goals, the Colorado BDS Campaign will work within the framework of the international campaign for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) against Israel, which was initiated by a wide array of Palestinian civil society groups in the 2005 Palestinian Civil Society Call for BDS. The goals of the campaign are:
- Ending its occupation and colonization of all Arab lands occupied in June 1967 and dismantling the Apartheid Wall;
- Recognizing the fundamental rights of the Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel to full equality; and
- Respecting, protecting and promoting the rights of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and properties as stipulated in UN Resolution 194.