- This event has passed.
Thomas Linzey in Boulder – Elevating Community Rights Over Corporate Power
June 24, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Time for a Colorado Revolt
Elevating Community Rights Over Corporate Power
Executive Director of the Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund (CELDF),
co-founder of Democracy School
When & where?
Boulder, Friday, June 24, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Eaton Humanities Building, Room 250
1610 Pleasant Street
Co-sponsored by 180º11 (The 180 Degree Shift, at the 11th Hour), Campaign for Human Rights and the Environment
Colorado Springs, Saturday, June 25, 4 – 6 pm
Penrose Library, Downtown, Carnegie Room
20 N Cascade Ave
Colorado Springs, CO
Spend an evening with CELDF’s Thomas Linzey, named one of Forbes Magazine Top Ten Revolutionaries. Learn about the community rights movement in the United States and
- How people in over 200 communities across the country are using their municipal governments to rise up to confront corporate control of those localities.
- How corporations today use claimed corporate constitutional “rights” to override local bans on fracking, factory farming, water bottling operations, and fossil fuel pipelines.
- How local communities are beginning to directly and openly challenge the U.S.’s governmental structure that enables corporations to nullify local laws.
- How the community rights movement resembles people’s movements of the past, like the Suffragists and Abolitionists.
- How Colorado communities and the Colorado Community Rights Network (COCRN) are pushing back against oil and gas corporations, as well as the State of Colorado.